Saturday, March 31, 2012

Weekend Crafty Fun!!

What could be better than getting out my goodies for some crafty fun?
That is the BEST answer for me!!  I really should have taken a picture of
my "stuff".  It sure was a blast!!  Here is the card that I created for a
special friend of mine!


1.  I placed my card inside of a gift box for misting.
2.  Then, I adhered the lace to embellish....you know how much I love lace, ribbon, tulle
      and goodies like that!
3.  I added a strip of paper to embellish, too.  Then, I mounted the
     the sentiment on another piece of paper from the same collection.....are
     you wondering which stack that came from?  'Just a sec on that one, wink!
4.  Oh, how I love flowers....so I could not resist these little yellow cuties to accent.

Supplies:   Embossed Card and paper (DCWV)....yes, it is from the "Floral Accents"
                 collection, Lace (Wal-Mart), Mist (Mr. Huey by Studio Calico-Piglet color),
                 Sentiment (Paper Crafts Magazine), Flower Stickers (EK Success)
                 and last by no means least, my fave go to adhesive, Glue Dots Dot n Go
                mini dots.                            
         
It really was tempting to leave my crafty mess out.  I thought that my family might
want to walk through the scrap room without tripping, though!  Yeah, that's
 the best route to the kitchen :).  Anyway, I can always take it all out again!
 Believe me, I plan to do this all very soon!!  I hope that you do, too!!

Happy Scrapping,

Renee

9 comments:

  1. I like your card, Renee and I'm sure the recipient does as well. Nice color you used for the misting. I'm just getting into Mr. Huey as I acquired my first bottle just this past weekend. Keep up the nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww-Serene, thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. This card was really fun to make. I want more colors for misting. I can't wait to compare notes on misting techniques. Oh, I also left a note for you on your blog, too. Thanks, again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee - I'm new to Mr. Huey's sprays as I said above but I've been using glimmermists for a while. The larger drops are just part of the application process. Keeping your nozzle clean helps reduce this some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip, Serene. I thought that the larger blotches were part of the application process, too; I wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming that. Oh, happy misting!

    Have a great weekend, too,

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Renee

    Thanks for stopping in. I hope you are doing well. I'm loving all your acrds..i thought you took a break for awhile...I sure did!!

    The journaling had not come easy for me...but I am trying as I see lots of creative stuff out there. It really is difficult to put my feelings down on paper if you know what i mean. As for the doodling--I just found a book at Barnes and Nobles the other day and gave it a try!! You can do it too--I promise..just try it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! love the misting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so very much for your help Renee. Hope you're having a lovely day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the misting! The paper actually looks like a sheet of handmade paper I have. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The misting looks fab Renee! It is such a pretty card.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I love it when i see your sweet comments. Makes me smile every time. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete