Friday, March 2, 2012

Spring is in the Air....and in the Home!!

Hi, Friends,

I want to share with you something that I created for Spring....actually I keep it here in my
scraproom.  Believe it or not, it is not a card or a layout.  It is a Spring plaque that I made
to welcome the new season.  Oh, forgive me for omitting the visual tutorial....
I was busy creating and did not take pics along the way as I usually do, wink!




Supplies:  Plaque, Acrylic Paint and "R" initial (JoAnn), Floral Paper
(DCWV), Brads (K and Company) and Ribbon (The Paper Studio).

1. Choose your favorite colors of acrylic paint and coat the plaque 2-3 times.  In between
    coats, paint your favorite initial 2-3 times.  Oh, I accented the "R" with crackle paint
    for a cool affect.

2. After the paint drys, trace a circle of your favorite paper and adhere it to the
    the plaque.

3. Take your favorite coordinating ribbon and tie a bow with enough of a tail so

    you can adhere you brads to it.

4. Accent your plaque with large brads as shown above.  Oh, I even have enough
    brads left over for a card or a layout-Yayyy!!

This makes a great wall hanging; it can also be propped on an easel for display.
 I hope that you have as much fun as I did creating your piece of home decor or
 whatever you would like to make for Spring!!

Thanks for popping by!  I hope that you have an awesome weekend!!

Happy Crafting,


Renee

4 comments:

  1. What a cute project Renee! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sheri! 'So glad you visited. Oh, and thanks, too, for your thoughtful comment and for staying in touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy project for your scrap room. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for visiting, Serene! I appreciate your sweet comment, too!

    ReplyDelete