Sunday, October 26, 2014

We Are Thankful For........

Hi, there,

Wow, this holiday season is right around the corner....I am thinking of Thanksgiving
first.  Yes, and I am preparing already....with a Thankful Jar.  Actually, this idea is an
inspiration from my daughter.  She made her own version from a beanie baby container
several years ago....really cute!  I am making mine from a mason jar.  This is so much
fun!!

Here we go....

1.  Take the metal insert from the jar and use it to trace a circle for decoration using
scrapbooking paper.  Oh, there are some lovely Fall scrapbooking sheets of paper to
choose from!!


Wait till you see what is on the other side of this paper!!  I like it!! 

2.  Adhere Glue Dots® mini dots to the inside of the lid all the way around as shown.


3.  Then insert your pretty paper to the jar lid.....I am really getting into the spirit
of the holiday as I type this :)


4.  Feel free to embellish your decorative paper....I really like this pilgrim hat!!



5.  With fabric of your choice, use pinking sheers to create a pretty edge....more
decorations for your mason jar....you'll see.


6.  After, wrap this strip of fabric around your mason jar and adhere with Glue Dots® mini
dots.


7.  Feel free to adhere some yarn to the neck of the lid for an added accent.

8.  You will probably have left over paper from the circle you cut out in the 
beginning....so how about making this just a bit more fancy?  Cut a strip (width
of your choice) to wrap on top of the fabric.  Adhere with Glue Dot® mini
dots.


9.  Oh, and I could not resist adding the tag that you see above.  My friend gave me
tags on a gift one day because she knows I love to craft.  She thought perhaps I might
like to share them.  Thanksgiving is the perfect day.  I added a "Grateful" sticker
and some Fall leaves, too.  I think that makes it look extra-special.  By the way,
the pieces of paper that you see inside the jar are for all of our guests.  They will write 
what they are thankful for.  It is so much fun to share with one another!

Supplies-Mason Jar (Michaels), Fabric, Stickers and Yarn (Wal-Mart), Paper (DCWV),
Tag (My Special Friend) and Glue Dots® mini dots.

Thank you so much for letting me share this Family Tradition with you.  I hope you have
blessed holiday season!!

Hugs,

Renee





No comments:

Post a Comment