Sunday, October 26, 2014

Moments toTreasure

Hello, my friends,

I love sharing my family with you.  Today, I am going to create a layout that really comes
from the heart.  I knew everything had to be just so....that's because it is a layout of my
sweet mother.  Thinking of all of the things that she taught me gives more meaning to
everything I share.

Here are the goodies I used to create this layout....I did not use everything pictured;
actually, I think I went into the scraproom a few times to scoop up more goodies for this
special layout.  You know what I mean, wink!!



1.  First I chose my my base sheet for my layout.  Then, I chose lots of favorites from
Heidi Swapp's 180 sheet paper pad.  Now that is a lot to choose from!!  Above is just a
sample.

2.  I decided to mist a chipboard frame for this special picture of my Mom.


Oh, be sure to blot the excess Color Shine off with a paper towel.  Feel free to
mist with as many colors as you like.  I chose two.  Wait until you see how the
frame looks after blotting....cool!!

3.  Since I knew I wanted to layer my fave sheets from this pad, it was a blast
picking them out.  I started with the largest sheet on top of my base piece of
cardstock.  Glue Dots® mini dots were perfect for adhering these sheets of paper.
I proceeded to layer with the other sheets I had chosen in a way that
appealed to me.  You can tell I wanted a softer color palette.  I knew it had to be special!!



I love how the blotting technique on the frame really softened the color, too.

4.  I continued to embellish with Ephemera from several of Heidi's other collections.  
What fun!!  As you can see, I wrapped a cute doily over the pennant towards the top
of the page....doilies have so many uses and I really enjoy using them in scrapbooking.
When I embellished, I thought of all the love I have for my Mom.....I think it helps tell
my story.  I know you understand!

Supplies:  Paper, Ephemera, #1 and Color Shine (Heidi Swapp), Zig Journaling Pen
(EK Success), White Frame (Recollections), Doily (Wal-Mart) and Glue Dots® mini dots.  
Note:  Since both the store and myself ran out of  Glue Dot® pop-up dots, I used

Glue Dots® continous line adhesive for the number 1 and the crown for added dimension. 
It worked!!

Thank you for letting me share this special time with you.  You all are the best!!

Hugs,

Renee



 


No comments:

Post a Comment