Sunday, August 19, 2012

Friendship Is Very Special!!

Hi, Friends,

I want to share something that I created for a special friend of mine....this can
be the best kind of gift.  It was also cool to make because I incorporated some
mixed media art into this  project.  So fun!!

 

1.  Apply your favorite color of scrapbooking or acrylic paint to
     to an 8" x 10" canvas using a sponge brush.  I used 1 coat.  Feel
     free to use more if you like.

2.  Adhere a complimentary color, 8 1/2" x 6 1/2", to the dried canvas
     after cutting the edges with decorative scissors.  I used Glue Dots®
     mini dots.  Note:  I used Glue Dots® mini dots throughout this
     project....except for a Glue Dots® pop up dot for the last step.

3.  I chose a favorite strip of patterned paper, 2" x 12" to adhere to the
     pink paper.

4.  Adhere a complimentary piece of patterned paper to a piece of chipboard.
     Both measure 6" x 4 1/4".

5.  Ink the edges around the entire piece of chipboard.

6.  Using a border punch, create 2 strips of trim, 4 1/4" long.  Adhere these
      to the top and bottom of your chipboard as shown above; then, adhere
      your decorated chipboard to the center of your design.

7.  Add your favorite sentiment by adhering it to the top of the canvas.

8.  Punch out 2 hearts to accent the sentiment.  I folded them as shown
     for added dimension.

9.  Last but not least, I adhered a chipboard flower to the center of my
     design using a Glue Dots® pop up dot.

Suppliese:  Canvas (Wal-Mart), Patterned Paper and Sentiment (DCWV), 
                  Chipboard flower (DCWV), Paint (Making Memories), Sponge Brush
                 (Making Memories), Ink (Colorbox), Heart Punch (Marvy),
                 and Glue Dots® mini dots and pop up dot.
          
I hope that you have the opportunity to make this for someone special!


Happy Crafting,

Renee 



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Renee! Love the colors! Anyone would be thrilled to receive a card like that! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww-thank you so much, Sheri. That really means a lot to me!! Hugs back to you!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, This is awesome. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, thank you so much for visiting and for your sweet comment, too! I really enjoyed creating this project!!

    ReplyDelete