Friday, August 24, 2012

A Mini Book Made For Crafts

Hi, Friends,

You all know how much I love crafts, right?  Today, I decided to make a mini album
for a friend who adores crafts, too.  She is so talented....she knits, crochets, sews....you
name it and she can make it.  My friend loves to take pics of her crafts.
I thought it would be cool for her to have a place to keep her treasured pics.



As soon as I saw this stack of paper, I knew it was made for my friend.  Of course,
I have to have my Glue Dots....trust me, I used more than the one Glue Dots® Dot n
Go pictured here to create this project.  You will see, wink!  Yes, you guessed it. 
I used the cute "Bunny Day" book as my board book.

Are you ready?  Here we go....

1. Using a piece of chipboard, trace around the cover of the book to make a template
    to cut pages for your album.  See below.  Each page measures 6" x 6".  I allowed
    about 1/4'' extra for each sheet that I cut from my stack of paper.
 



2. Feel free to create double page spreads as you will soon see or mix and match your 
    papers as you choose.

3. After covering the front and back sides of my book, I cut another piece of paper 
    4" x 6" for the spine as shown below.


5. I adhered the paper for the spine of the book and the front and back covers 
    using Glue Dots® mini dots. 

6.  Then, I went to work on the rest of the book.  Here are some of my 
     favorite pages.  This paper stack is amazing because it is so decorative.
     Oh, I also adhered the papers to the book with the above-mentioned Glue
     Dots®.  When I ran out of the mini's it was on to another type of Glue Dots®
     that I had on hand.  Oh, I promise to list them all in my supply list.


Actually, it did not require much embellishing.  Feel free to click on the image to see a
a more detailed shot of the embellies, though.  I really do love that cute hanger with
the fabric I cut from my stash, though.  You will notice an extra piece of paper in the
middle of the page.  It doesn't take much if you would like to do that.  Use as much
as you would like.

Here is another one of my favorite's....



You will notice that I did not embellish these pages at all.  I just loved the quilted
pattern and did not want to cover it up.  That leaves lots of room for pictures and
journaling.

Oh, and here are 2 more pages that I would like to share with you.  It was fun diving into
my stash so that I could make those tiny spools of floss to embellish.



6. I added an extra strip of border paper as you will see below to the front cover.


7. Here is my completed mini-album for my friend.  I hope that she likes it.  Oh, can you
    guess what I used for the closure?  Yes, it is one of those cute little things you use
    for your hair.  I had an extra one that I had not used....lucky for me.

 
  Thank you for joining me in this tutorial.  It sure was lots of fun!!

  Supplies:  Mini-Book (Local Book Store), 12 x 12 stack (The Paper Studio),
                  Border Strip on front cover (DCWV), Chipboard (My stash), Floss
                 (DMC), Fabric (Wal-Mart), mini hanger (The Card Connection),
                 Mini Safety Pin (unknown), Stretchy Closure (Justice) and, of
                 course, Glue Dots® mini dot n go.  I also used the following Glue
                 Dots® products:  Craft dots, Memory Album dots and my trusty
                Ultra-thin Dot n Go.  I used the aforementioned through-
                out the album.  Of note, I did use my Glue Dots® Craft dots to
                adhere the accent strip of paper down the middle of each page. 

 I have more goodies coming really soon so stay tuned!!  Thank you for sharing
 with me today.

Happy Crafting,

Renee  



No comments:

Post a Comment