Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Love Flowers in the....Summertime

Flowers, Flowers....I really love flowers.  Hmmm-slight problem since
I don't do very well in keeping them looking perky.  Well, here is a great answer!
Artificial flowers is the way to do it!  I love making cute little arrangements in
in mugs....so I thought I would make an eco-friendly gift....that's right, I used
goodies from my already acquired stash.  Wait till you see what I found!!
      
Supplies: Mug (K-Mart), Flowers (Michaels),
Dry Floral Foam (Wal-Mart),
Tag (K and Company), Ribbon and Tulle Scraps (my stash), wire 
cutters or sharp scissors, hole punch or the Big Bite and Glue Dots®
Craft Dots.

Are you ready to begin?  First let me show you my supplies.  You will notice
that I have oodles more than I actually needed.  I like to be prepared, wink!!

1. Cut off a wedge of the dry floral foam and place it inside the mug as shown.
Feel free to add more foam; it depends on how much
of a garden you are going to grow in your little mug-hehe.

2. Using wire cutters or a sharp pair of scissors, separate flowers from the bunch and
     begin arranging them in the mug.  Poke the wire portion of the flowers and leaves
     into the floral foam.  Here is what my arrangement looked like just after I started.


3. Continue to place flowers and leaves into your arrangement until you achieve
    the look you would like.  Oh, because I wanted my arrangement to look like
    a bouquet, I used Glue Dots® Craft Dots to adhere the leaves and flowers to one
    another.
    

4. When my arrangement was complete, I punched a hole in a cute little tag
    Then, I threaded two colors of ribbon through the hole, tied it and attached the
    ribbon to the handle of the mug with a Glue Dots® Craft Dot.  I also tied a pretty
    pink scrap of tulle into a bow and also adhered that to the handle of the mug with
    a Glue Dots® Craft Dot.

 
Wow, this was really fun!  I hope that you will join me and make a small arrangement
of your own!  Here it is!

This can be a gift for someone special or something you give to yourself.  I
know you deserve it!  I am already thinking of Fall....maybe I will make an
arrangement for our Thanksgiving table.  Wait, summer isn't even over yet!
I think I am getting a bit excited cos' I am feeling super crafty.  Now that I have
said that, be on the look out for more projects in the next week or so!!  As always,
thank you for sharing all of this crafty fun with me.  You are the best!!

Happy Crafting,

Renee    













2 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful, Renee! You'd be one heck of a florist! I love that you used your own stash. Great project! Thanks so much for sharing and always being supportive of me and my projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice arrangement renee..love it!

    ReplyDelete