Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Friends Are Special

One of the nicest things ever is receiving a card or a note from someone special!  Think about how much fun it would be to make your own cards~I know many of you have.  There is nothing like it!  Today I made another card for a friend of mine.  Here is what you will need if you would like to make one also.
                                                                    
Supplies:
     1. Plain white card (Halcraft).
     2. Die-Cuts for corners of your card (DCWV).
     3. Buttons (EK Success).
     4. Friend Sticker (DCWV).
     5. Bling (Doodlebug).
     6. Small scrap of cardstock (I chose American Crafts).
     7. Adhesive (Glue Dots® 1/2 inch dots, Glue Dots® Dot n Go mini dots
         and Glue Dots® Dot n Go for Memory Books).

Ready to get started?

Step 1 Adhere your die cut corners with Glue Dots® Dot n Go for Memory books.  If you
           would like, feel free to cut 4 triangles from paper of your choice for the corners. 
           Refer to the photo of the finished card below.

Step 2 Adhere bling to the center of each corner die cut. I used Glue Dots® Dot n Go
           mini dots for this.

Step 3 Adhere buttons using the same adhesive as in step 2.

Step 4 Before I placed my sticker in the center of the page, I placed it on a scrap of card
           stock to add dimension.  After trimming the edges, adhere your card stock with
           Glue Dots® 1/2 inch dots.
          
Step 5 Using a small flower punch, I made 2 die cuts to place on either side of the word
           Friend.  Adhere these tiny punches with Glue Dots® Dot n Go mini dots.
          Then place the smaller bling in the center of each flower.

Your card is complete and you can send it on it's way to your special friend.  I love
 this kind of card because you can put what ever sentiment you would like....
 'so versatile.  Have lots  fun while making someone else happy too!

I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.



Happy Crafting,


Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment