Friday, August 24, 2012

Glue Dots and Kids!!

Wow, it is hard to believe that school is in full swing in many areas.  I can't say that
summer is over....but I want to keep that spirit going with a fun art activity for kids using
Glue Dots®.

We all know that kids love to write on the chalkboard.  So, here we are with some fun
supplies to kick our project off with.






1. I chose a 5" x 7" frame for this project.  Adult supervision is needed for this
    first step.  After the glass is carefully removed from the frame, it's time for
    our kids to join in the fun.

2. I love that yummy stack of Chalkboard paper.  I cut a 5" x 7" piece and adhered
    it to the cardboard in the frame with my Glue Dots® memory book dots.

3. Then, I used assorted chipboard to decorate.  I used Glue Dots® removeable
     dots to adhere the chipboard to the frame....you will see why in a moment.





3. I thought it was really appropriate to use a "Back to School" theme for my first
    chalkboard project.  By using Glue Dots® removable dots, you can change your
    theme whenever you like....oh, and have fun writing with regular or pastel chalk
    on the paper.  Just use a damp paper towel to erase.

4. So now I want to change my theme and my board has been erased.  Look what we
    have here.

 



5. Yayyy!!  Now, it is time for Halloween.  Adhere your favorite chipboard or
    embellishment as you did in step 3.  Are you ready for another theme?  Prepare
    your board as before and you are all set!

Awww-sweet, I love Valentine's Day!!  I am such a romantic!!  You can use your
homemade board for reminders and such also.  I think I want to play again!!

Supplies:  Frame (Walgreens), Chalkboard Paper Stack (DCWV), Chipboard 
(The Paper Studio), Chalk (Hobby Lobby) and Glue Dots® memory book dots and 
removable dots. 

Thank you for joining me.  You all are awesome!!

Happy Crafting,

Renee

5 comments:

  1. What clever ideas. Works for all occasions and holidays. Very cute, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Serene! I appreciate your sweet comments, too. Yes, this was a fun project and look forward to putting it to good use. Have a great weekend1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a smart use of Removable Glue Dots! Great project, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Danielle! It was fun creating with the goodies that I already had, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Renee,
    I've just put some Glue Dots into my basket at a LSS. Looking forward to getting some.
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and over at Deer and Fawn. You're a great friend. Have a brilliant day.

    ReplyDelete