Friday, August 12, 2011

Back to School Days

Wow, it is hard to believe that some of our kids are already back in school. 
With that, comes school supplies.  Say, have you ever thought of using school
supplies in scrapbooking....'bet you have.  I love visiting our school supply
store....I find oodles of stuff for crafting.  Ah, and when it it says acid-free, I am 
really a happy camper.

I thought of this cute little back to school project that would be so nice
for a teacher to receive from a student.  So, how about a mini-photo album
for your child's teacher to put some of those beginning of year pics in?  Oooh, I
I have to tell you that this project was inspired by Unkit (Sudie) who many
of us know and love from scrapbooking.  She talked about teachers presents
during her online show last Monday nite.  Thank you, Sudie!!

Here are the supplies that I used for this cute little album:  Poppin' Pattern
Cards (Creative Teaching Press), Die-Cut (DCWV), Ribbon (Jo-Ann), Glue Dots®
Craft Dots, Glue Dots® Mini Dot N Go and the Big Bite.


1. First I selected 6 cards (2 each of the same pattern for a total of 12).
    I adhered 2 cards together at a time using my Glue Dots® Mini Dot N Go.
    I faced the opposite sides of the cards together (they were blank).

  




As you can see, I like double page spreads so I coordinated my cards accordingly.
Feel free to arrange your cards in any order that you like.  Don't you love the instant
mats that these cards have?

2. After adhering all of my cards together, I used my Big Bite to punch the holes.

3. I know I have tons of ribbon in the picture.  I wanted to choose my ribbon when
    I was almost done.  I threaded it through the holes and tied in in a cute little bow.

4. Then, I used my trusty DCWV stack for the perfect sentiment for the front of this
    mini-album, adhering it with Glue Dots® Craft Dots.

    You know I bet your child or a neighbor you know might like to have
    this little album for those treasured school pictures, too.



I know this would put a smile on any teacher's face!  It is always so nice to be
thought of.  'Wishing everyone a wonderful year at school!!

Happy Crafting,

Renee     
P.S. I will be sure to tell you more about Sudie's show in an upcoming post!





No comments:

Post a Comment